Health & Social Care,
Circa £50,000 basic + bonus
7 months ago
We are assisting a well established independent care group to source a Financial Controller for their nursing home in Hastings, East Sussex.
Respected within the local area, my Client is a privately owned care operator entering into a period of growth & expansion through acquisition across the South East of England.
Reporting into the Finance Director, the ideal candidate will be a knowledgeable, fully qualified Accountant responsible for the overall financial function across the group.
- Responsible for a robust finance function, including credit control, sales & purchase ledger & payroll.
- Oversee & implement the financial accounting process including internal process & planning.
- Produce & present articulate & meaningful intelligence reports to support commercial decision-making, budget & forecasting.
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly & annual accounts & year-end audits.
- Undertake cost analysis & produce recommendations on ways to improve spend efficiencies.
- Manage & develop relationships with external stakeholders, taking the lead on the IT provision.
Key skills & knowledge:
- Qualified accountant; ACCA/CIMA or ACA.
- Ability to demonstrate robust analytical skills.
- A strategic & commercial thinker, passionate to improve business performance & progress personally within the business.
- Strong communication skills - someone who will manage, nurture & motivate a small team.
- High attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Experience of working in health & social care is desirable.
- Circa £50,000 Basic salary
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare plan
- Career progression opportunities