Harben Green are exclusively working with one of the UK's leading not-for-profit care providers to source an experienced Head of Property.
This Client enjoys a stellar reputation for their commitment to high-quality, relationship-based care within the older people care sector. Passionate about their culture, they are driven to recruit sector professionals who share their vision & values.
The opportunity for a highly experienced Head of Property to lead the property & development team through my Client's current & forecasted growth & investment strategy. Reporting directly to the Deputy CEO the ideal candidate will manage a significant investment programme alongside successful & timely delivery of multiple new developments.
- Current Estate:
- Develop & implement a facilities management policy, strategy & operational plan which meets all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Programme, lead & deliver refurbishment projects driving cost efficiency to maintain a minimum standard including interior design & property management.
- Incorporating requirements of Joint Venture partners, produce an annual budget & lead the delivery of the programme of works within the agreed budget.
- Future Estate:
- Alongside senior Directors & engaging with key investors, you will lead & determine innovative financial models for new care home funding (freehold & leasehold)
- Responsible for complete new scheme project delivery & management from identifying & acquiring new sites, overseeing design & specification process & cost analysis to the appointment of contractors & management of the construction phase.
- Work with the Commissioning Manager to ensure new homes open to standard & on programme, dealing with any snagging & defects.
- Ensure continued compliance with Health & Safety legal requirements.
- Through effective & motivational management you will lead a dedicated team to achieve functional business objectives.
- Full financial responsibility for new developments & existing investment projects.
Key skills & knowledge:
- Full chartered membership - construction based profession eg. RICS, RIBA .
- Degree in construction or property related subject.
- Project management qualification.
- Significant senior management experience in property development & facilities management.
- Recent exposure overseeing large scale (£10m) development projects including managing the on-site construction.
- Knowledge of the property development process including key legal steps to achieve a new scheme.
- Extensive knowledge of the Town & County planning system, Landlord & Tenant Act & LA legislation.
- An understanding of best practice in dementia design.
- Strong financial skillset - effective in budget planning, management, business planning & reporting.
- An inquisitive self-starter who will thrive in managing a passionate team.
- An excellent negotiator - skilled in communicating & building relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- £90,000 Basic salary
- £6k car allowance
- Generous holiday allowance (25+BH)
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance & private health insurance
- Employee rewards